Tonnage Account Business Manager (No.LD140702)
The most important aspect of this position is the contract and overall account management of our largest and most strategically significant existing customers. This area of responsibility can be broadly defined as follows:
- Accountability for the P&L of Tonnage customers by optimising existing contracts, driving profitable growth and although without direct day to day operations accountability influencing and driving cost and reliability improvements.
- Developing and implementing specific account strategies and action plans aligned to GBUT and RBU strategies with inputs from all stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing customer engagement plans and direct management of customer relationships calling on support from other stakeholders as appropriate, collaborating with RBU on non-tonnage elements.
- Improving return on assets by actively participating in planning major maintenance and turn around expenses, identifying and implementing contract extensions and incumbency growths, maximising asset utilisation.
- The key to this role is to maximise Company’s economic return by managing short term and long term interests and leveraging Global Tonnage and RBU resources.
Business Development and Commercialization
The Tonnage Account Business Manager will actively participate in the business development activities for existing customers (incumbency growth) ensuring that the local customer relationships and local strategic issues are incorporated into the development of such incumbency growth opportunities. This includes providing local/account insights into incumbency growth opportunities and being commercially aware of the design of complex tonnage schemes. If designated by the Global BD function, the role may take the lead in managing the ‘teaming process’ of the tactical delivery around an incumbency opportunity (particularly if the customer is more local).
This role also actively participates in Commercialization activities, in order to contribute to and be part of this critical “start-up” phase as the responsible person for the specific account when more things can be dealt with in a more preventive rather than reactive fashion.
- Given tonnage plants impact various parts of the business with numerous stakeholders, optimizing the internal networks is critical to success in this role. The Tonnage Account Business Manager must ensure alignment and commitment to the customer strategy, action and engagement plans from all stakeholders.
- Working closely with Area/Site management in assessing business performance and areas for improvements.
- Liaise closely with operations on all issues regarding customer supply, the supply contracts, costs to maximise P&L and asset utilisation
- Working with other parts of the RBU to maximise business from other products.
This role will proactively identify what they perceive to be best practice or needs for best practice, participate in developing best practice, and pushing implementation of agreed best practice within agreed time schedule.
Tonnage Account Business Senior manager
Dalian & Yantai
- Drive profit growth through superior account management and contract leverage.
- Accountable for development of the account strategies, in line with both the GBU Tonnage strategy and the RBU strategy
- Communicate strategic objectives of the customer plans to internal stakeholders and ensure tactical alignment
- Maximise business performance of the tonnage business within the portfolio, by leading the development and implementation of comprehensive customer plans, working with headquarters operations, Area/site management, distribution, and other relevant functions to optimize cost of production and delivery.
- Lead incumbency growth (including contract renewals) projects of responsible accounts, ensuring that the value of local customer relationships and local strategic issues are incorporated into the development of investment opportunities; bringing in functional expertise from Tonnage Account Growth Management, Tonnage Business Development as appropriate.
- Maintain account database, contract database, and coordinate with Tonnage Commercial Manager and global TAM group in ensuring updated and sufficient account data availability based on which business analyses and improvement plans are performed.
- Identify opportunities and risks within the contracts, review and validate application of critical contractual terms for supply schemes focussing on those with the greatest impact, and identify areas of non compliance and deviations.
- Lead or play a major role in the Commercialization Process with a newly completed account growth project, leveraging the functional expertise of Tonnage Account Commercialization Management team as well as other sponsors and stakeholders.
- Develop and manage account relationships in the region
- Develop a broad range of contacts within each customer
- Facilitate “senior level” relationship building between the customer and Company executives at ‘priority’ customers
- Provide interface with RBU for delivery of non-tonnage products and services to tonnage accounts (e.g., packaged gases) in order to maximise ‘wallet share’ of customer for Company Group
- Support safety activities at account sites, and within the RBU tonnage organisation
- Work seamlessly with growth and marketing teams for individual customer market segments to
- Communicate potential markets/opportunities for tonnage business in the region including cluster development
- Challenge and provide insights to marketing strategy development from the account perspective
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years’ experience in sales, commercial development, business management in a related industry
- Operations, engineering, applications experience a plus
- University degree (preferably technical or related to industries in the customer portfolio)
- Advanced degree a plus (MBA or technical), but not required
- Multi-million euro deal making/negotiations experience in multi-cultural environment
- Significant commercial experience in large scale industrial processes
- Working within a matrix style, cross-functional, team-based environment
- High level tonnage commercial skills and acumen
- Ability to understand and articulate complex HyCo and large ASU schemes (as applicable to the portfolio)
- Diagnostic skills related to the customer portfolio (demand side)
- Advanced negotiation capability
- Superior contract management skills combined with exceptional customer relationship abilities
- Thorough knowledge of drivers of profit and loss within large tonnage schemes
- Robust analytical skills combined with creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence and develop strategic relationships (both internal and external)
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting and project evaluation principles
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop networks – internal and external – in order to develop knowledge of the value drivers for the Company product lines
- Develops mid and long term strategies in his/her area of responsibilities
- Generates value for customers whilst balancing profitability targets;
- Builds open, trustful and constructive relationships with customers
- Identifies innovative opportunities for increasing profit; Demonstrates passion to win
- Facilitate good teamwork among internal team members with different backgrounds;
- Actively develops and manages new interfaces within the RBU and GBU tonnage
- Engage external and internal stakeholders for desired change
- Masters complex schemes
- Understands key drivers, technologies and trends within the applicable market segments
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. One more language desirable.