Project Engineer, Application Engineering (No.JLLD140626)
Head of Application Engineering,
Market Segments and Application Technology
Perform Engineering solutions for research & development (R&D), standard & customer projects by order of the Manufacturing, Metallurgy &Glass, and Chemistry & Environment and Food & Aquaculture market segments.
Determine and develop internal standards, as well with special consideration of Chinese and Asian needs and with focus on Asian sourcing.
Focus of the work will be process technology for cryogenic and combustion equipment solutions!
- Responsible to meet the defined project targets (quality, time, budget)
- Detail engineering for R&D and customer projects
- Sizing, dimensioning gas flow skids, equipment
- Specify hardware components such as manual/automatic valves and instruments and select component suppliers together with our procurement.
- Be responsible of testing modified or new equipment until acceptance from the market segment
- Take care about commissioning and start-up of our R&D and customer projects
- responsible for design of safe equipment acc. to a previous risk assessment with using HAZOP-review tools
- Evaluate and select together with our procurement external fabricators/ manufacturers for prototypes, standard and customer equipment as well as for components
- Take care about the technical documentations for internal and customer usage.
- Update and maintain our internal standards
- Support trouble-shooting on existing equipment
- Take care about knowledge transfer to our regional business units (RBU)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal education: degree in mechanical engineering and/or Process Engineering (MSC, BSC or similar)
- Job experience in engineering and component selection of flow control equipment for combustion processes or cryogenic applications min. 3 years job experience
- Knowledge in Process Engineering (piping, manufacturing processes)
- Basic knowledge in instrumentation
- Knowledge in pressure equipment and related safety Chinese (e.g. TSG, GBT, etc.) and/or European Directives (PED, MD, etc.) standards, codes & norms.
- Knowledge in Chinese’s pressure equipment approval processes.
- Project management skills
- Strong results orientation
- Clear internal / external customer orientation
- Structured approach to problem solving/analytical thinking
- Willing to dig into detail
- Standard focus
- Team worker, openness for changes
- Good communication and interpersonal / intercultural skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments
- Readiness to travel as far as required up to potential expatriate assignment
- Willingness for “hands on”
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English language
- Additional language (e.g. German) welcome