Expert Controlled Atmospheres (No.LD140627)
Fully responsible for the development of new products and application support for sales units in order to achieve the targets set in relation to existing and new business. Focus on Heat Treatment segment but will also support other controlled atmosphere related projects and activities in e.g. Electronic Packaging. Globally support RBU teams in customer acquisition and development.
- Industry insight
- Provides insights about market developments and trends in the industry segment.
- Identifies and evaluates product ideas along the R& D process.
- Supports feasibility studies of new products/ new applications / process ideas
- Generates new ideas and innovative solutions
- Project development
- Manages identified development projects (3G, Farsight, Waypoint)
- Manages alliance and external development partners from the industrial sector and universities
- Customer support
- Definition of projects to be implemented (PLCM and expert role)
- Provides expert technical knowledge & support to the local RBU teams for proposals and project executions (PLCM)
- Creates performance specifications
- Implements defined development projects through to ready-for-market status (in co-operation with partners)
- Knowledge transfer
- Communicates internally and externally via suitable media
- Trains and coaches worldwide users/sales force/application engineers (TLAA)
- Profitability monitoring
- Compiles costs/profit analysis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters in Science (materials science, Metallurgy, Heat-Treatment)
- 5+ years of professional experience with a gas supply company or supplier to the automotive industry and entrusted with duties in the field of Heat-Treatment
- Experience in the thermodynamics as well as with control and analytical methods are desired.
- Experience as a project manager responsible for cost management and ability to work independently and proactively are a prerequisite.
- Readiness for travelling on a regular basis (national and international)
- Deep industry knowledge within the Non Ferrous/Ferrous area or several years of experience in application development related to technical gases.
- Technical excellence in minimum 3 or more of the following fields are required:
- Controlled Atmosphere Know How
- Material Science
- Furnace Design and Atmosphere Systems technology
- Atmosphere analysis and metallographic investigations
- Thermodynamics of Thermo-Chemical Processes
- Ability to develop new applications at customer sites
- Proficient in using current, standard IT software (MS Office, Lotus Notes)
- Demonstrates adequate professional know how
- Masters complex situations
- Finds and motivates a team to successfully execute projects
- Transparent R&D project documentation in terms of cost and milestones
- Develops mid and long term strategies in his/her area of responsibilities
- Ensures that his/her actions match the business requirements (quality, timeliness, cost)
- Encourages innovation and search for new solutions
- Clearly and assertively expresses him/herself
- Open to other people’s point of view
- Ensures commitment to decisions from key stakeholders
- Identifies innovative opportunities for increasing revenue or profit
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. One more language desirable.