Head of Scouting & Venturing APAC (No.MXLD151015)
Manage Company’s external relationships with innovation partners, mainly universities, research centers, VCs, and innovation intermediates as well as the technology scouting and venturing activities in APAC to stimulate innovation-driven growth through improved access to breakthrough technologies and new business models as well as through external funding for venturing opportunities.
- Systematically screen, evaluate, select, develop and manage sustainable relationships with key innovation partners for Company.
- First point of contact for/to key innovation partners in the Americas
- Manage and support scouting initiatives for Company in-line with Company innovation strategy from target/opportunity identification to integration into R&D projects
- Develop and manage credible relationships to key opinion leaders experts and peer groups in particular technology field
- Execute initial techno-economical assessments for new opportunities together with R&D functions.
- Feedback technology trends and disruptive developments in particular technology fields to T&I strategy and CSMI
Open Innovation Services
- Develop open innovation tools & processes.
- Manage best practice sharing in ideation and other (open) innovation methods and support regional Company organizations in the Americas
- Identify, evaluate, initiate and consistently support spin-ins and spin-outs opportunities for Company together with R&D functions and Company M&A
- Drive and support incubation of pre-mature opportunities to develop an investable business case.
- First point of contact for Company venturing activities in the Americas
Top Five Specific Capabilities, Technical Expertise
- Proven track record in assessing innovative technologies and business models as well as business planning
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining significant relationships with Universities, VC/CVC groups and other innovation communities with extensive network in place
- Experienced in communicating complex topics (technical and commercial) to C-level stakeholders in Company as well as in external SMEs and VC firms
- Proven track record in steering complex, global projects In-depth knowledge of Company technology portfolio, R&D processes and extensive network to main internal stakeholders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in Engineering, Chemistry, Science or Technology Management.
- MBA / PhD or equivalent post-graduate qualification from an internationally recognized business school is a plus Post-graduate executive program, e.g.: strategic planning, financial mgmt. etc.
- 10+ years professional experience in the gas industry preferably in Engineering and Innovation Management
- 5+ years experience in open innovation management including scouting, partner management and venturing practices
- 5+ years in leading global scouting, techtransfer and commercialization teams
- Excellent Chinese and English oral & written communications skills