EHS Manager (No.VHLD160219)
- Ensure Company Suzhou maintains highest possible standards of safety, quality and environmental protection and that it meets all local, regional and national legislations and operates to Group best operating practice
- Principal responsibilities
- Ensure that Safety regulations of the local, regional and REA are met and maintained at all times
- Ensure plant operations are conducted in safe manners
- Responsible for community relations (neighbours, fire fighting department/hazardous material response units, police, emergency planning authorities, etc.).
- Ensure all Accident/Incident and Near Miss reports are investigated and appropriate corrective and preventative action is completed.
- Ensure the site Emergency Plan is properly maintained and personnel are adequately trained.
- Launch Company safety management programs and initial safety improvement activities in the plant to support plant manager to make continuous improvement in safety performance.
- Responsible for supplier qualification on safety management.
- International regulations pertaining to the transport of our materials are met and maintained at all times
- Global Company Group safety directives are met and maintained at all times
- Company Suzhou additional safety rules are met and maintained at all times
- Provide effective safety supervision of employees through training, inspections, or observation or any other licenses related,
- Provide effective safety and job skill training to new employees
- Other jobs assigned by line manager
- Key interfaces
- Site Manager
- Production managers/Technical support manager/SCM manager or supervisors
- Operations East EHS and functional management
- REA EHS management
- Local and regional safety and technical bureaus & local consultation experts
- Required critical behaviours
- Excellent relationships with local bureaus
- Good and confident communicator
- Able to push safety for positive results
- Able to meet deadlines regarding approval processes
- Keeps abreast of changes in safety, environmental and health policies within the group and acts on them
- Develops persons within the site team to help EHS sense and awareness
- Dynamic and forceful personality
- Well organized in documentation and record keeping
- Closes work – does not leave work outstanding
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or above level qualified in safety engineering or other engineering discipline
- Specific safety qualifications (e.g NIOSH) recommended
- At least 5yrs experience as a safety supervisor or manager in a chemical or gas related field