Applications Sales Engineer- Plasma (No.MXLD151102)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- To identify, pursue and gain new business opportunities within the industrial segments, and lead “gas application solution sales”
- To provide Application Technology (AT) support to area sales to assist winning new business, and increase/improve revenue and profitability
- To provide training to area sales of AT know how, so to steadily improve AT knowledge of area sales team
- Cultivate market perception of Company as the most technically competent industrial gas supplier to the segments
- Plays as project-oriented coordinator to assist project winning
AS Sales Manager
- Identifies project opportunities based upon a detailed knowledge of customer processes and the relevance of available products and technical solutions in line with market strategy.
- Develop process designs for customised, technical solutions and terms for process guarantees.
- Implement defined development projects through to ready-for-market status (in co-operation with partners).
- Prepare reports on Surveys and process trials to form part of the process validation and guarantee of suitability for all future offerings to the customer.
- Work collaboratively with strategic marketing in general and with the Business Development Manager – Application Technology and Market Sector in particular, to evaluate and commercialise new product and services for the RBU in the sector.
- Maintain communications & network with external industrial bodies and universities.
- Work with customers in support of the sales teams throughout REA in the focus area.
- Provides application technology know how & support to the area sales team.
- Creates performance specifications.
- Support the key customer sales and area sales teams with expert technical knowledge to develop and grow new technically driven business; improve profitability/EBITDA; and protect the existing customer base within the sector.
- Communicates internally and externally via suitable media
- Trains and coaches area sales team of AT know how
- Provides insights about market developments and trends of the industry segments.
- Identifies and evaluates product ideas for consideration as new R& D projects.
- Supports feasibility studies of new products / process ideas
- Generates new ideas and innovative solutions
- Profitability monitoring
- Compiles costs/profit analysis
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS (FUNCTIONAL /TECHNICAL)
- Sound broad based knowledge of the Industry (plasma, thermal application), solid technical background of plasma principles, related industry experiences, know the market if the technology application.
- Customer relationship management (preferred but not essential)
- Selling and influential skills (preferred but not essential)
- Training and Coaching capability
- Building networks (internally and externally)
- Goal oriented – able to translate the sector strategy into actionable plans & revenue.
- Ability to understand the range of Company’s products and capabilities in the sector
- Effective diagnostic questioning, listening & presentation skills
- Problem solving
- General understanding of basic financial business principles & specific skills using Company tools for financial evaluation
- Spoken & written English & Mandarin
- Critical thinking /Active listening
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or above degree in plasma, or thermal
- Typically 5+ years industrial (or application development or technical sales) experience
- Proven tract record in technology support and development
- Recognized as a competent specialist within the industry
- Willingness to travel extensively (most weeks)
- A reasonable level of written and spoken English
- Holds a position of authority in industry association or is recognised as an industry leader.
- Membership of relevant professional societies and a reasonable network of contacts in the relevant
- Welding engineer who familiar with the previous and post process within welding industry, basic concept of welding working station or production lines, basic knowledge of welding equipment.