Senior Instrument and Power Engineer (No. JLLD160706)
- The role is to identify and implement instrument solutions that result in continuous improve of LLH plant and equipment and are consistent with Company’s global strategies and standards The role needs to identify and implement some electrical solutions. The role can support and strong P&E team’s instrument execution capacity.
- To provide good communications and technical support in China for all aspects of new project development from initial technical development to project execution.
- Prepare technical proposal and design technical solution for potential projects, clear identify the scope, no grey area between LLH and customer in proposal without risk.
- Establish and maintenance proposal database, Support purchase team clear the scope with supplier, keep the contract value as low as possible and without risk.
- Focus on the new engineering project, communication with customer .to win the engineering case.
- Increase territory revenue & profitability for ESG & bulk gases through in depth understanding of customer & territory structure, competitive landscape, Company’s products and value creation opportunities (engineering sale)
Project Development Manager
- Scope of work development for Semiconductor, TFT/LCD and Solar business projects
- Capital Estimate preparation
- Risk identification
- Single Point of Contact for Business area during early stages
- Prepare technical proposal and design technical solution for potential projects
- Provide engineering solution for an enquiry by customer, coordinate with customer and propose a competitive engineering solution upon customer’s enquiry
- The cost estimate can lower than sales request and market price, Cost estimate as low as possible by history value and price negotiation with supplier
- Collect engineering case bidding information, make commercial proposal
- Be a Key account manager in engineering case warranty period
- Oversee customer payment on schedule
- Work with RBU team to develop minimum specification for new systems and roll out
- Identify shortcomings in existing regulatory instrument (control) system and implement improvement
- Provide technical support for the new projects in LLH. Develop specification and protocols, control and software configuration, testing and commissioning of new assets as necessary to be ready to take over, support of the assets post commissioning
- Identify obsolete equipment and develop plants to manage the obsolete equipment (spare, alternative suppliers) or upgrade control system
- Support and fallback position in the event of an emergency
- Closely work with site maintenance engineer to improve plant reliability (Instrument, control system and electrical system)
- Strongly support LLH project execution
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years in Gas, Petrochemical or related industry in large project development, commercial proposal development, and project management; Minimum of 2 years’ experience in process control
- Multinational project development experience and knowledge of air separation system and equipment is highly desirable
- BS or MS in Chemical, Mechanical or Instrumentation Engineering
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Familiar with Semiconductor, TFT/LCD and Solar process and equipment.
- University degree in Electrical, Electronics or Instrument and Process Control Engineering
- Have strong knowledge of SIEMENS S5, S7 and PCS7 control system
- Have strong knowledge of Wonderware InTouch
- Have strong knowledge of other control systems, such as Yokogawa, Honeywell, Ifix and Foxboro
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have good knowledge of electrical system
- Have good drawing capacity for control system
- Computer literate (MS Project, AutoCAD)
- Have strong analytical skills
- Ability to deliver effective innovative solution
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good English and local language
- Excellent cooperation skills for team
- HV/LV Power certificate